Who's ready for The Bachelorette to just start already?
The Bachelorette begins TWO WEEKS from tonight. Still no Bachelor bios or pictures, although I wasn't really expecting them yet. For JoJo's season, the Bachelors were released ten days before the season began, and Andi and Kaitlyn's Bachelors were only announced a week early. Plus, Millsy has mentioned on his weekly Bachelor Live podcast that we may even be looking at Bachelors 5 days ahead of time, although I really hope he might be wrong about that. Regardless, there will be plenty of time to make your draft selections, but pay attention to new posts here, on social media, and in Bachelor League emails.
That reminds me - we need to discuss deadlines. How long do you have to sign up for Bachelor League? How long do you have to create a private league? Once the draft opens, how long will you have to select your Bachelors?
I'm going to try not to over-complicate this, but things have changed a bit since last season, so please read carefully!
- You may sign up to play until Noon on Monday, May 29.
- You may create a new private league until 9:00 AM on Monday, May 29.
- All players signed up by the premiere of The Bachelorette (9:00 PM ET on Monday, May 22) may select three contestants before the season begins.
- All players signed up between 9:00 PM ET on Monday, May 22 and 12:00 Noon on Monday, May 29 will have their first three contestants randomly assigned.
- All players may select their fourth contestant before Episode 2 begins (8:00 PM ET on Monday, May 29).
What does that mean? Why can you still register to play after the first episode airs? Well, here's the deal. The last few hours before the show premieres end up being a total disaster that crash the site and overload my server. So I'm extending things. If you don't get in before the premiere, it's A-OK. You can totally still play. You will have your first three Bachelors randomly assigned, but you will be able to select your fourth Bachelor. It's cool, I promise.
So start training for the premiere NOW.
We're almost there, people. Our long national nightmare of Bachelor-less Mondays is soon to be behind us. I don't know about you, but I can't wait.