So, where were we?
Bachelor in Paradise ended two and a half weeks ago.
— Bachelor in Paradise (@BachParadise) September 12, 2017
Arie's season of The Bachelor started filming last week, and it will premiere January 1.
— Mike Fleiss (@fleissmeister) September 21, 2017
We're at the beginning of the Official Bachelor Offseason, but that doesn't mean the headlines stop. And we're here to cover it all and make sure you stay informed. We're not going to break any news here, but we will try to keep you updated on a weekly basis - you know, so you don't have to follow 8 million former contestants on Instagram.
Bachelor 22: Arie
- Wednesday, September 20: Night One / First Rose Ceremony
- Friday, Sept 22 - Sunday, Sept 24: Group Dates + 1-on-1 Date
- Monday, September 25: Second Rose Ceremony
- Tuesday, Sept 26 - Thursday, Sept 28: Group Dates + 1-on-1 Date
- *Tentative* Friday, September 29: Third Rose Ceremony
To this point, all dates have been in and around LA.
Updated! Thursday's date at The Grove featured seven girls and some "acrodogs." Alex and Dean were in the crowd and Alex wore this shirt. He's freaking hilarious.
Bachelor Winter Games
- Will air in February, to coincide with the 2018 Winter Olympics
- Will be filmed in December in Vermont
- Will feature contestants from at least twelve different countries, including contestants from other versions of The Bachelor/ette
Bachelor Nation Couples: Where do they stand?
Married with Babies:
- Ryan + Trista
- Jason + Molly
- Ashley + JP
- Desiree + Chris
- Sean + Catherine
- Jade + Tanner
- Carly + Evan
- Kaitlyn + Shawn
- JoJo + Jordan
- Rachel + Bryan
- Taylor + Derek
- Adam + Raven
A bunch of alums hung out at the iheartradio festival in Vegas last weekend: Ashley I, Becca, Ben, Dean, Peter, Wells. Dean wore a terrible shirt.
Dean + Kristina are hanging out again and maybe dating? (Betches)
Also hanging out, but probably not actually dating? Corrine + DeMario. (TMZ)
So. Danielle L. posted this on Instagram:
I've always been criticized and ridiculed for my looks. Making me work ten times harder to prove that my success comes from my ethics and not my physical appearance. I've held several jobs at once, bought my first car when I was 17, and opened my first business at 23 years old. It's heartbreaking and disappointing to see how my relationship was depicted as something only surface level. Dean and I's connection was so much deeper. Call us kindred spirits or free souls...our outlook on life and love was similar (or so I thought). Which is why we continued a relationship after the show. However, just because I am looking for someone to "have fun with", explore the world, and try new things, does not mean that I don't want monogamy. Marriage is something that will happen when the right person comes into my life but I am not placing a time constraint on that. We have a tendency to become defensive when we see someone physically in pain, but just because they never showed me crying or being upset doesn't mean that I wasn't. This show was one of the most challenging, emotionally trying experiences I have endured. Looking back, I never spoke negatively about anyone else. I never told Dean how he should feel or who he should choose. I wouldn't change anything, all I can do is learn from it and move forward. There are so many other things that we can be investing our time and energy into - things that can improve and change the world. So please be respectful towards everyone ❤️ Spread more love, less hate.
Ashley I. and her Almost Famous podcast producer Amy were not fans of the post. They (and Ben) dedicated most of an episode to bashing this post and Danielle. About halfway through, they get Danielle on the phone and make her defend herself. It was pretty uncomfortable and not a whole lot of fun to listen to. Reddit got involved.
I would NEVER attack, belittle or step on someone in order to be relevant, popular or "famous" https://t.co/QsRGlumWCi
— Danielle Lombard (@danielleIombard) September 20, 2017
So then, Danielle does an AMA on Reddit (It has since been removed at her request). I'm not cool enough to use phrases like "spill the tea," but that's basically what she does. Highlights:
- She continued to date Dean after Paradise because he called her and told her that he was encouraged to say on camera that he was in love with Kristina.
- Ben and Amy have reached out to her via text, but she has not heard from Ashley I. She thinks they all suck, basically.
- She addressed the dislike between Vanessa and Rachel on Nick's season of The Bachelor: "Vanessa called Rachel something that was extremely derogatory. From what I heard it was bad. Vanessa had to be separated for the rest of the show. "
- She had a relationship with Benzie in Paradise. Yes, really.
Rachel weighed in on what Danielle said about the conflict between her and Vanessa, and she reveals that Vanessa called her "a bully" who "used aggressive tones" with her. Interesting.
This just might be the most perfect Instagram ad of all time:
I’m more excited about this onesie than Emmy is. (So is our new babysitter @jjhlane ) She’s an #avababy, made with a whole lot of love and a little bit of data, thanks to the @avawomen bracelet helping Jade keep track of her fertile days. Do you want an AvaBaby too? They scream sometimes, but are pretty cute. Promo code: BABYEMMY for $20 off.
...unless you're following Hot Russian Alex on Instagram and want to order his #dullfatlame Fall Crate. Amazing.
Just got my #dullfatlame fall crate! The Bachelor Budget Edition life can be busy and stressful, got my crate just in time to help me relax! Use my code “Budget” if you want $0 off a refrigerator drawer full of crap! #thebachelor #budgetedition #thebachelorbudgetedition #onion #adultdiapers #screwdriver #yellowpages #andmore! #sellout #bestdeal #dullfatlamecrate
(Please note: I do not listen to all of these. Some of them are just not good.)
Bachelor Alum Podcasts:
- Ashley Iaconetti: I Don't Get It
- Becca Tilley: Scrubbing In
- Ben Higgins + Ashley Iaconetti: Almost Famous
- Dean Unglert: Help, I Suck at Dating
- Jordan Rodgers: Sports Related
- Kaitlyn Bristowe: Off the Vine
- Olivia Caridi: Mouthing Off
- Wells Adams: Your Favorite Thing
- Bachelor/ette/in Paradise Live! (EW Radio)
- Broses Before Roses
- Bachelor/ette Party (Channel 33)
- The E&G Podcast
- Fresh Batch with Michelle Collins
- Here to Make Friends (Huffington Post)
- I Hate Green Beans
- Reality Steve
- Will You Accept This Podcast? (Bustle)
- Will You Accept This Rose? (Nerdist)