We're back, people!
I mean, we were only gone for a week, and really it was only like a couple of hours, because I've been harassing y'all multiple times a day to sign up to play for BIP, so....yeah.
I said in yesterday's post that I was apprehensive about how production would handle the assault allegations and the subsequent shutdown. Well, it went about as poorly as I anticipated. The show overall was pretty funny, but it felt disjointed. I think it was particularly jarring to see how much time passed between the Corinne-DeMario pool encounter and the production shutdown. It was literally a few days, and it was just so odd, because it was difficult to associate the two. I know how it happened, I get it, and it was still confusing. So that's enough of that. For now.
Can we talk about Robby and his ridiculous hair?
And also his stupid bathing suits, his wearing of eyeliner, and the fact that he thinks he's supposed to discuss being an Instagram Influencer while on a date?
— Bachelor in Paradise (@BachParadise) August 15, 2017
Raven wins all the heart eyes for being able to see right through his vapid, self-obsessed abs and choosing Benzie over him. "That was better than Robby." Damn straight it was.
Speaking of Raven, she's in the lead with points right now, so kudos to those of you who drafted her.
Jasmine is a close second, though, so keep an eye on her! All points will be reported tomorrow morning.
And let's not forget our early couples: Taylor/Derek and Kristina/Dean.
Both of these pairings make sense to me, so let's see if they survive the shutdown, the return to Paradise, and Chris Harrison's 2-drink minimum!
Tonight we get a *very special episode* which includes a sit-down with Chris Harrison, new rules of the game, and best of all....
Carly & Evan's Wedding!
I'm the most excited for this. Who would have thought, though? I mean, it's Evan. It's this guy:
I love it. Let's do this thing, guys.
Bachelor League Update:
Did you know you can still sign up to play? Sign up is open until next Monday, August 21 at 8:00 PM. You can even still create private leagues. However, you are not able to draft your first Bachelor and Bachelorette - they will be randomly assigned to you.
So what's on board for the rest of the week?
- Check in on your league page - I'll be adding and updating lists of confirmed players and draft selections throughout the day!
- 9:00 AM ET: Part Two of the Bachelor League Draft OPENS
- Add an incoming Bachelor/ette to your team
- Your options will include one Bachelor and four Bachelorettes - you will select one.
- 10:00 AM ET: Bachelor/ette Status + Points after BIP Week 1
- How many points did the Bachelor/ettes get this week?
- How many bonus points did you get, and who won a weekly prize?
- 1:00 PM ET: All leaderboards updated
- 2:00 PM ET: Week 2 Matchup for Bonus Points OPENS
- BIP Week 1 Commentary - because I always have more to say, and it's usually supplemented with copious gifs.
- BIP Week 1 Recap Roundup + Bachelor Nation News, including links to my favorite podcast recaps for the week. In the meantime, you guys should definitely listen to the live Will You Accept this Rose podcast from Outside Lands. Arden and Erin were able to get Wells, Dean, Benzie, Hot Russian Alex, and Kenny. It's hilarious and absolutely worth a listen. I laughed out loud in my cubicle several times this morning, so there's that.